“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.”
― Maya Angelou
I’m in the mood for a little sharing of wisdom today. I came across this great quote from Maya Angelou and the moment I read it, it spoke to me. The more I thought about it, the more the words rang true – and not purely from the perspective of building an intimate relationship with someone (which is sound advice), but in every single relationship in our lives (that so-called “friend” that always flakes on you comes to mind). This message, while pertinent to all, is particularly important for us gals – who have a tendency not to honor our worth at times and just take what we can get.
This theme also runs through a great blog post I came across yesterday, Hannah Brencher’s 25 Things Every Woman Needs To Know. She poignantly and humorously touches on this concept throughout her entry and reading her words brought some light to my day. I hope Maya and Hannah’s advice bring a spot of inspiration to yours as well.
Here’s what I’m lovin’ right now…
- 25 Things Every Woman Needs To Know.
- A little bold liner, red lips inspiration.
- One of my favorite photos of Wendy Nguyen from Wendy’s Look. Simply Breathtaking.
- Apple Pie Sandwiches. Recipe from tasteofhome.com.
- Essie Nail polish in Bangle Jangle – perfect for fall!
- Franco Sarto Celeste Riding Boots.
- Light Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Recipe via People.com.