It’s 87 degrees outside as I write this. My home air-conditioning unit has gotten light usage as of late. The birds are chirping in full effect, leaving “bodily surprises” all over my car once again (boy, do I miss parking in a garage!). And trips to Yogurtland are happening with more regularity. On more than one occasion, I’ve stepped outside, greeted by our trademark LA sunshine and smiled to myself as the warm heat hits my face. Aah, do I love this weather!
It’s no secret that I’m usually a much happier person when the world outside my door is circa 80-85 degrees. This is the time of year when the balance is just right. Warm, sunny, gorgeous…but manageable. I’m realizing as I write this that all too soon a huge transition will take place and I’ll be melting in 101 degree weather – cursing the electric company when I get my bill in the dead of summer because the A/C usage becomes anything but “light.”
Until that day comes, I’ll continue to enjoy the sun on my face, less expensive electric bills, and even try to enjoy the song-like chirping of the birds despite their nasty behavior. Because, hey, we all have “bodily surprises”…I just wish it wasn’t all over my freshly washed car.
Here are a few things making me smile a bit bigger about the warmer weather. Here’s what I’m lovin’ right now…
…and p.s. – if anyone ever asked me to describe myself in just three words, it would be #1 below. xx
1. She Loves Adventure | LoveLustFashionBeautyRomance
2. Parmesan Cauliflower Bites | Damn Delicious
3. Sassy Tank Top | Etsy
4. 5 Steps to Melt-Proof Make-up | Lauren Conrad
5. Report Simba Flats | DSW
6. Life is like a Box of Chocolates Contact Lens Case | Etsy
(Yes, I still actually wear contacts in the 21st century. I’m working my way to the whole Lasik thing.)
7. Stella McCartney Lucite Clutch | Media Cache
8. Old Fashioned Georgia Peach Lemonade/Ice Tea | The Gaia Health Blog
9. Gold Knuckle Rings, Black Manicure | Sarah Sarna
10. My Dream Kitchen Inspiration: bright, airy, spacious, sleek and modern | Media cache